North Eastern Foot and Ankle ofrece una amplia variedad de servicios podiátricos para contribuir a mantener la salud de sus pies. Esta página incluye información sobre servicios específicos.
X-rays help determine whether a bone has been fractured or damaged by conditions such as an infection, arthritis, or other disease.
Other reasons for conventional X-rays on your feet are to:
- Evaluate changes in the bones from infections, arthritis, or other bone disease.
- Assess whether a child’s bones are growing normally.
- Locate foreign objects (such as pieces of glass or metal) in a wound.
- Determine whether bones are properly set after treating a fracture.
Pregnant women, especially those in their first trimester, are advised against having X-rays because the radiaiton may harm the unborn child.
Ultrasound is a very effective tool for diagnosing a wide variety of foot and ankle problems, particularly soft tissue problems. Ultrasound uses sound waves on the body in a way much like radar uses sound waves. The waves hit a targeted area and are bounced back to a recording device, which produces an image. Ultrasound is a completely safe, noninvasive, and painless diagnostic procedure.
Common problems for which ultrasound may be prescribed include:
- Heel spurs or plantar fasciitis.
- Injuries of the ligaments, tendons, or cartilage.
- Morton’s neuroma.
- Presence of foreign bodies.
- Soft tissue masses.
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome.
- Tendonitis or tears in a tendon.